Thursday, June 4, 2009

What is Clean Green Adventures?

Welcome to my "Clean Green Adventures" Blog.

Clean:
Eating clean is a term used for eating foods that are wholesome, fresh, not processed and healthy. Tosca Reno is the queen of Clean and I have learned so much from her. My goal is to continue to learn as much as I can about eating healthy clean whole foods. I hope you are as excited to learn more about "eating clean" as I am about sharing this way of life with you. Your going to be amazed at how tasty and beautiful eating clean can be.

Green:
I love trying to do as much for the environment and "Mother Earth" as I can. I've made some significant strides in the past few years, but I have much more to learn. My goal is to continue to learn more about becoming "greener" and be able to share what I learn with you. I'll also be sharing some personal and home care products that are better for you and the environment.

Adventures:
I love adventures. I love to travel and see new places and live life to it's fullest. Life really can be an adventure if you open your heart and mind and let them take you to places that open you up to possibilites you never thought possible. I invite you to share in my adventures as I learn more about eating clean and living a greener way of life.

Are you ready? I certainly am.

About me:

I'm Melanie and I'm married to my wonderful husband Bill for the past 22 years. I turn 40 next Month, but I'd like to think that it's the new 20. Heck look at Tosca Reno - she just turned 50 and looks amazingly beautiful. Her excitement on her recent birthday, really taught me that we all need to embrace life and enjoy ever part of it.

I have two wonderful kids - My daughter Taryn 17 and my son Ryan who is 11.


Here is a picture of us in one of our favorite vacation spots:



I lost about 50lbs a few years ago, and then gained almost all of it back in the past year and a half. I'm in the process of losing it again for good. I started on January 1st, 2009 at 176.2 and I'm currently at 163.6. Slowly and surely I will lose it. I do count calories and my range to lose is 1200-1550. I am 5'2" and would like to get down to about 125 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Slow and steady wins the race!!! Good luck with your "Clean Green Adventures"!!

    ~Justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the link you posted while I was checking out the Health Machine Montel Williams was talking about on TV.
    I really want a VitaMix but hubby said NO!
    EEkkk!
    I blog too!
    I'm a 41yr old momma of 6 kiddos! I make bread daily and wanted to grind my own wheat. A wheat grinder are expensive too and for a bit more $$$ I wanted to get a machine that did a lot more!

    My blog is ourfruitfulharvest.blogspot.com


    Blessings,
    Georgiann

    ReplyDelete