Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Raw Veggie Heaven and 12 Grueling Miles

Monday 6/15/09

Breakfast:

Breakfast this morning was another Orange Veggie/Fruit Smoothie. This time I added cauliflower (yogurt, apple, banana, baby carrots, cauliflower). I didn't put ice in it, and I already had my blender washed by the time I realized it wasn't cold. It wasn't as good as yesterday's orange smoothie, but not bad. Unfortunately I didn't get to drink it..............the floorboard of my passenger seat got more than 1/2 of it. It was an ugly site and I got up as much as I could, but need to do some extra cleaning tonight.

Note to self: Don't use a big cup that you can't fit in the cup holder.


Since I really didn't get to drink much of my smoothie, I had a Larabar Jocalat Chocolate Coffee bar instead.



Lunch was raw veggie heaven:

A friend of mine at lunch has been talking about taking me to a raw food restaurant for a while. I didn't bring a lunch today since I left so early and didn't have my act together. I e-mailed my friend and we decided to head over to the raw food restaurant she wanted me to try. Unfortunately I did not take pictures.

Arnold's Way Vegetarian Organic Cafe

Protein Shake
Energy abound with purified water, bananas, Dates, & premium Hawaiian Spirulina

Cheze Burger
Our Raw Veggie Bruger served with a Sunflower Cheze on our classic Buckwheat – Flax Bread. Toppings include Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onions, Olives, & Red Sauce (Tomato, Beet, Olive Oil, Green Olives).

It was absolutely fantastic and out of this world. The green olives he used were totally incredible and a wonderful addition to the dish. The buckwheat-flax bread was out of this world. The sunflower cheze and red sauce was absolutely incredible. It was art on a plate (I love food that reminds me of being edible art). I wish I had pictures to show you. The best part was the prices, it was under $12 for all that.

12 Grueling Miles:

Last night after a 10 hour work day (working four 10 hour days to have Friday off for an extended mini vacation this coming weekend), I went on a 12 mile bike ride with Bill & Ryan.

I got home around 6:40pm and we left around 7pm. I probably should have eaten something, but we left before I got to eat dinner. Our path took us on part of the Perkiomen Trail, but most of it was on open road. I really hate riding on the open rode because the cars come speeding by and when you start to get tired and your legs are like noodles it's a bit scary. We finished around 8:30pm and went 12 miles. What a great workout, although I realized when I got home the gears got shifted up and it was probably harder going up the hills than it should have been. I remember at one point telling Bill that when I was going up a hill that it was as if the brakes were on during the middle of the hill. I think that is when the shifting happened and I didn't even realize it.

My butt is totally sore this morning, lol! I'm so glad we went though. It was super great exercise.

Dinner:

I was tired and just wanted to eat.

I took some rice wrappers (think fresh vietnamese spring roll wrappers) and put soem rice noodles (think vietnamese bun or Pho noodles) inside with thinly cut zucchini.

I wanted to make a peanut sauce, so I took some organic peanut butter and added a small amount of organic soy sauce and stired. It was still thick so I added some water. Not what I wanted, but it wasn't bad. Since it wasn't dippable I put the peanut butter mixture on top of each roll. I ate two before I took a picture.


Will post picture tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment