Friday, June 5, 2009

TGIF, Dinner and a Snack

TGIF:

Tonight we were graced by one of Ryan's concert's. He put's these on for us fairly frequently and they are a lot of fun. He has an electric piano he plays, 3 different guitars and a trumpet. Tonight we were graced with songs from the electric piano, electric guitar, a song written by him and some special sound effects. It really was a lot of fun and so cute to watch.

Dinner:

Dinner for me was a cheese and tomato quesadilla.



Quesadilla
  • 1 Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Organic Tortilla
  • 28g or 1 oz of Organic Valley Raw Cheddar Cheese
  • 60g of diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp organic olive oil

I used my flat round cast iron skillet that is the same size as the tortillas. Place 1 tsp of olive oil on pan and heat. Lay tortilla on skillet and add cheese and tomatoes (or any fixing you like). Let tortilla get lightly toasted (be careful not to burn) and fold in half. Cut into triangles and serve.

I like to serve these with gaucamole, but I did not have any avocados on hand.

After dinner snack:

I had a huge craving for one of the Klondike Bar's that my family was so nice to torture me with in the freezer. While thinking about grabing a Klondike (I feel a song coming on.......What would you do for a Klondike Bar), when I decided I would be good. There is nothing in the Klondike Bar that is clean or healthy. What would my body benefit from eating this sugary snack. I decided to make another smoothie since I was craving something sweet. This one is very much like the one I had for breakfast this morning, but I added organic dark chocolate.


Banana, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Smoothie

  • 227g or 1 cup of Plain Nonfat or Lowfat Yogurt
  • 1 frozen Banana
  • 12g of peanut butter (I used less peanut butter this time)
  • 14g Organic Dark Chocolate 85% Coaco or higher
  • 3 Ice Cubes

Blend in blender, vitamix or magic bullet till smooth. This has the consistancy of a shake more than a smoothie. I didn't take a picture of this one since it looked exactly like the one I made this morning except it had little specs of dark chocolate in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment