Thursday, June 11, 2009

A really good OOPs!

I was making a bowl of oat bran this morning that I had planned on topping with Artisana's Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (another thanks to Heather -where I read about this product).

I made the most amazing breakfast this morning that was a total Oops!
I put the oat bran (1/3 cup) in my bowl and added water (1/3 cup - but it should have been 2/3 cup) in the microwave (yep I micro it - because I have to run out the door to work, so every second counts) and hit 3 minutes. Yesterday I had to end early because it almost bubbled out, but it didn't today. I was busy cooking and putting a soup in the crockpot and noticed it didn't come close to boiling over. I didn't think twice till I took it out of the microwave and it had a firm top on it. Upon further investigation I realized it looked like a cake. I took a bit and WOW - it tasted like a little spongy oat bran cake in a bowl. I topped it with 1 tbsp of the Artisana Raw Virgin Coconut oil and it made sort of a frosting.
All I can say is YUMMO! I'm so glad for this Oops and it will become a dessert and breakfast for me.



2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    This sounds like something I would love...to bad I don't have a microwave. I wonder if I could make something similar on the stove-top...just cook my oat bran with a lot less water. I'll have to try it. Isn't the raw coconut butter amazing? So glad you liked it.

    Have a good weekend, and I really hope you find some kabocha soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cool you don't have a microwave. I really want to try to not use mine as much, but it's so easy when I'm rushing. I wonder if it would work in a pan. It might, but you would have to watch to make sure it didn't burn. Mine just stopped at 3 minutes so I didn't have to worry about the burn.
    The raw coconut butter is heavenly. Its so sweet and smooth.

    Definately keeping my eyes open for the kabocha :)

    ReplyDelete